Post-Vacation Daydreaming

October 26, 2013

For the last few weeks I've been trying to get back into the swing of things after my trip to Paris and London. It hasn't been easy. My mind keeps wandering back to the cafes, the pains au chocolat, the Eiffel Tower spotting, the polite British accents, and, yes, even the hustle and bustle of the cites. I don't know if it's because I didn't spend enough time with Lisa in cities that require more than three days to explore, but I feel unfinished -- like there was more to do, more to see, and more things to talk about.

Since I can't seem to shake this ripped page feeling of ambivalence, I've decided to stop trying and go full tilt into daydreaming. And this blog is a good way for me to stay addicted to my Parisian affliction -- perhaps an unfortunate gateway drug into a dizzying attempt to re-energize my life. Nevertheless, it gets me thinking -- remembering -- the surface moments of visiting stores new to me, browsing through fashions I never get to see in the desert climate of Arizona, and fashion-watching on the streets of the most stylish cities of the world.

One of my favorite moments is when I received a reassuring lesson in French lingerie -- you don't have to be a double d to find alluring underthings. And, as my mom said to me after I excitedly told her about my discovery, "It seems like the women over there aren't as fake as they are in the U.S." I'm not sure if that is entirely the case, but it does seem they cater to the smaller-sized ladies (which can actually be a curse for those who don't naturally fall into that category).

Anyway, I was pleased when Lisa ushered me into a lingerie shop called Princess Tam Tam, and I was able to pick up a couple of perfectly-fitting bras. Unfortunately for me the store presently only exists in Europe...and...they don't ship to the U.S. Fortunate for me, though, is that my best friend can ship them to me. Or, better yet, I can just use my lingerie needs as an excuse to make another trip back.




And in London, while seeing a variety of stores that don't exist yet in Phoenix but I've frequented online (Zara, Mango, and TopShop), Lisa, once again, introduced me to a new-to-me store called COS. At the time, I didn't know much about the label except that the clothes looked rather luxurious but also fairly affordable. Their fall/winter collection was full of voluminous wools and muted hues -- perfect for London's melancholy tinted days. Later on, I found out the label is an off-shoot brand of H&M, and, again, only available in Europe (and apparently also in Asia and the Middle East). I guess this provides me with another excuse to get my lingeried butt back to the Old World. Until then, my wanderings on their online store will have to suffice...

1 comment

  1. I love, love, love that camel colored coat. As usual, your post is marvelous.

    ReplyDelete

 

Search This Blog

Words to Inspire

"One cannot consent to creep when one has an impulse to soar." ~Helen Keller

Archives