Packing for Paris: Part One

August 14, 2013

Well, it is official! I'm going to Paris! And even though it will be my third trip, this time around I'm also going on a short excursion to London. Plus, I get to spend a whole week with my best friend in two of the most vibrant and stylish cities in the world. I'll be visiting in early Fall, and with the unknown weather a major factor along with a desire to look as fashionable as I can on a budget, I've already started planning my wardrobe.

Starting with the toes and working my way up, the next few posts will be a run down of what I think are essential pieces that will not only work for a traveling gal like myself but also keep me looking chic for less.

First up is the bootie. I initially thought it would be better to buy a pair of knee-high riding boots, but then I started seeing all these fun booties popping up everywhere. They reminded me of a pair of black Nine West booties I owned in the late 90s. Unfortunately, I gave them away sometime in the early 21st century because I thought they were passé. Which reminds me, NEVER DO THAT AGAIN! Like the saying goes, "what goes around comes around"... especially when it comes to fashion.

So with the desire of reigniting those 90s memories and maybe feeling as though I'm in my 20s again, I've decided to buy a pair of booties for my European vacation. Here's a sample of various booties with prices ranging from a very reasonable $59 to a more guilt-filled $345. Which ones do you like?


1. Speartint Booties, Aerosoles, Macy's $69 (plus 20% off); 2. Krando Booties, Madden Girl, Macy's, $59 (plus 10% off); 3. Becky Ankle Booties, Sole Society, $79.95; 4. Billie Boots, Madewell, Shopbob, $228; 5. Quasar Bootie, Franco Sarto, Piperlime, $129; 6. Leoda Flat Bootie, Coach, Bloomingdale's, $345.

2 comments

  1. #3 is my fav, but #6 is pretty tough. I like them both. I prefer black, it goes with more (in my wardrobe).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I like #6 also, but it is so pricey. I would probably go with #1 to save money and I agree with NC about the color.

    ReplyDelete

 

Search This Blog

Words to Inspire

"One cannot consent to creep when one has an impulse to soar." ~Helen Keller

Archives