Dream Vacations: Greek Islands

July 9, 2010

I think it has something to do with the blanket of white stucco buildings overlooking the deep blue Aegean Sea, but looking at photos of Greece always seems to draw me in and sweep me away to a mystical place where I begin to understand why the Greeks worshiped gods like Dionysus and Aphrodite.


The islands surrounding mainland Greece feel like a time capsule from a long forgotten past. They evoke a sense of tranquility and seclusion that you can't find in many other places. And with that feeling of serenity comes a relaxed sense of style -- soft and flowy fabrics, contrasting colors playing off the whites and blues of the surrounding scenery, and fashions reminiscent of times past.

It's a place that can be describe as simply dreamy. Hopefully someday, I can make that dream come true. But in the meantime, my fantasy includes these cool, refreshing looks that could take me from lounging days on a blindingly white patio to crisp nights under the stars with my very own Adonis.

 Free People, Sleeveless Embellished Gauze Tunic, $29.95, Anthropologie, Nexus Top, $29.95; Ann Taylor LOFT, Linen Cargo Pants, $59.50

Newport News, Eyelet-Trim Surplice Sundress, $74; Free People, Embroidered Ruffle Hem Dress, $89.95

Victoria's Secret, "Very Sexy" Bandeau top & Low-Rise Tanga Bottoms, $50
Piperlime, Rocket Dog Endear, $49

2 comments

  1. The bathing suit makes me wish I was dead. The rest--GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found you! <3
    Come enter my giveaway!
    XO Lynzy
    http://fromskirtstoskillets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 

Search This Blog

Words to Inspire

"One cannot consent to creep when one has an impulse to soar." ~Helen Keller

Archives